MUST SEE AND DO IN MANDURAH AND THE PEEL REGION
AQUATIC AND COASTAL
- Hire a boat or join a cruise and watch the friendly, wild dolphins play alongside as you cruise Mandurah’s waterways and the network of canals.
- Have a 360˚ dining experience on a self-drive circular eco BBQ motorised boat.
- Catch, learn and indulge in western rock lobster on a Wild Seafood Experience Cruise.
- Go scooping in shallow waters for Mandurah’s famous blue swimmer crabs in January.
- Take in the sights and sounds of the incredible, internationally significant Peel- Yalgorup Wetland System as you explore its waterways by canoe or kayak.
- Watch the sunrise as you drift along the calm, peaceful waters of Mandjar Bay on a paddleboard.
- Get hooked on fishing casting a line from the beach or along the estuary or join a fishing charter and learn from the experts.
- Have a holiday of a lifetime staying on a houseboat, spending your days relaxing as you cruise along Mandurah’s waterways and the Murray River.
- Dip your toes or have a swim at the beautiful Serpentine Falls in Serpentine National Park.
- Find your perfect beach from the 60km of coastline and spend the day swimming.
NATURE AND WILDLIFE
- Spot bottlenose dolphins joyfully play from the shoreline or on a boat cruise.
- Go camping at the beautiful Lane Poole Reserve and enjoy all the nature experiences on offer.
- Delight in the colourful wildflowers that bloom throughout the region in spring.
- Visit the 2,000-year-old thrombolite reef at Lake Clifton and see what life was like when the earth began.
- Grab your binoculars and go bird watching at many locations in the Peel-Yalgorup Wetland System, where thousands of migratory birds visit every year.
- Take in the spectacular views of the coast and lakes in Yalgorup National Park.
- Feel sand between your toes as you walk along one of the many beaches from Preston Beach to Mandurah.
- Watch kangaroos grazing at Serpentine National Park or Melros Reserve in Mandurah.
- Wander through the forest, along the coast, by a river or over wetlands on the walking trail.
- Visit a wildlife park to get up close, hold and feed native animals, including koalas.
ACTION AND ADVENTURE
- Breathe in the salty air as you speed across the water on a high-speed boat cruise or
jet-ski tour in Mandurah.
- Tee off at one of the region’s many golf courses, located along the coast or
surrounded by forest.
- Climb, swing and hang around high up in the tree-tops on an obstacle course at Lane Poole Reserve.
- Experience all the fun and thrill of country racing at the Pinjarra Race Club or Pinjarra Paceway.
- Feel the wind in your hair as you 4WD along Preston Beach, Tims Thicket or Whitehill Beach
- Burn some energy on mountain bike trails throughout the region, including the world-class Munda Biddi.
- Horse ride through scenic bushland on a bridle trail in Dwellingup and Jarrahdale or with the Langford Hill Riding Farm in Waroona.
- Enjoy stunning aerial views of the Mandurah, Pinjarra and the Indian Ocean on a scenic flight or skydive.
- Get an adrenaline rush white water rafting the Murray River rapids in winter.
- Meet real cowboys and enjoy all the thrills and spills at the Boddington Lions Rodeo, held in November each year.
- Go Treesure Hunting through the forest at Trees Adventures, Dwellingup.
- Be a zookeeper for a day at the Peel Zoo, Pinjarra or hold a koala at Cohunu Koala Park, Byford.
- Marvel at the thousands of Christmas lights decorating the homes as you cruise through the Mandurah Canals from Dec to early Jan.
- Burn some energy at the many amusement parks and playgrounds in or near Mandurah.
- Take a train trip with the Tourist Fun Train Company, Mandurah or the Hotham Valley Railway, Dwellingup.
- Explore the great outdoors and learn about the environment with the Dolphin Buddy’s Outdoor Adventure Journal.
- Say ahoy and get ready to Yo Ho Ho as you cruise Mandurah’s waterways on a Pirate Ship.
- Learn about mining at the Alcoa Discovery Centre or Newmont Boddington Gold Mine.
- Hire a bike and tour around Mandurah, along the coast or in the forest on family-friendly cycling trails.
- Create your own masterpiece at the Peel Pottery Studio or learn new skills at a Forest Discovery Centre workshop.
ARTS AND CULTURE
- Discover the stories, secrets and traditions of one of the oldest surviving cultures on earth on an Aboriginal culture and heritage tour.
- Be enchanted by a live performance from visiting artists at the region’s cultural hub, the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre.
- Learn about the region’s fascinating pioneering history at the Mandurah Community Museum and other museums and heritage precincts in the region.
- Explore historical sites and buildings for yourself on a self-guided heritage walking trail.
- Do not miss the world-class, theatrical stage showcase of Wearable Art Mandurah’s stunning, evolutionary works of art on the body.
- Follow the Mandurah City Centre and Marina Art Trail Guides to discover public artworks of all shapes, sizes and styles.
- Admire the artworks created by the talented, local artists at galleries and studios throughout the region.
- Visit significant sites of the Bindjareb People on the Bilya Country Story Trail.
- Keep a memento of your visit and pick up some locally made arts and crafts from a weekend market or gift shops.
- Dance, laugh, play and delight in the many arts and cultural events held in the region.
EAT AND DRINK
- Discover unique craft beers and boutique wines on the Craft Beer and Wine Trail.
- Catch and cook blue swimmer crabs, western rock lobster and fish on a cruise or fishing charter.
- Lunch by the banks of the beautiful Murray River at one of the many riverside pubs.
- Pick your own fruit and stock up on local produce at Caraholly Orchard in Dwellingup.
- Sample bushtucker on Mandurah Cruises’ Dreamtime Cruise or at one of Bindjareb Park’s Six Season dinners.
- Try creative dishes of the fresh produce left over from the weekend service at Millbrook Winery’s “No Waste Monday”.
- Treat your taste buds to delicious country cooking at the award-winning Pinjarra Bakery and Patisserie.
- Experience the laid-back lifestyle of a seaside town as you dine at one of Mandurah’s waterfront cafés and restaurants.
- Meander through the forest at night on the vintage Etmilyn Diner Restaurant Train in Dwellingup.
- Enjoy the simple pleasures of a picnic of fish and chips at Mandurah Eastern Foreshore overlooking the beautiful Mandjar Bay.