Just an hour south of Perth, Mandurah and the Peel Region embodies the best of WA with its stunning coastline, world-class natural beauty, an abundance of wildlife and the cosmopolitan City of Mandurah.
Mandurah, set against a backdrop of magnificent beaches and an estuary twice the size of Sydney Harbour, is a wonderland of water and offers plenty of ways to enjoy it.
You could take a cruise to spot dolphins spotting or catching seafood, explore the waterways on a kayak, paddleboard or jet-ski, go fishing or crabbing, stay on a houseboat, get back to nature on a walking or cycle trail, tee off at one of the superb golf courses, explore the markets at the Dolphin Marina or just sit back and relax at one of the many waterfront cafés or restaurants.
It is also the perfect base for exploring the wider region. Before you know it, you will be amongst towering forests, winding waterways, rolling green hills and charming country towns.
With so many things to do, why not stay on after the games to explore everything Mandurah and surrounds has to offer?
MANDURAH TOP THINGS TO DO
- Mandurah, set against a backdrop of magnificent beaches and an estuary twice the size of Sydney Harbour, is a wonderland of water. Here are just some of the ways to enjoy it:
- Take a tour with Mandurah Cruises’, spotting dolphins, cruising the canals, catching crayfish or scooping for crabs.
- Cook a barbie on the water on a self-drive, circular, motorised boat from Eco BBQ Boats.
- Holiday on the water with Mandurah Houseboats and completely unwind as you slowly meander the waterways.
- Hire a kayak, paddle board, boat or bike from Mandurah Boat & Bike Hire to explore Mandurah’s waterways.
- Discover the gourmet delights, visiting wineries, breweries and local producers on a tour with Mandurah Wine Tours.
- Get your thrills on a jet ski tour with Nautical Adventures or Stag Watersports.
- Go beach 4WD driving and explore the wider region with Westside Tours.
- Relax and enjoy the water views at one of the many restaurants, cafés and bars by the foreshore or at the marina.
- Try not to be distracted by the spectacular views as you tee off at one of the superb golf courses.
- Learn the history of the region’s first people on an Aboriginal Culture and History tour with Mandjoogoordap Dreaming.
- Explore the artworks and history of Mandurah on self-guided heritage and art walking trails. Pick up the trail guides from the Mandurah Visitor Centre.
With so many things to do, why not visit before or after the event to explore everything Mandurah and surrounds has to offer?
For bookings and further information on things to do in Mandurah go to www.visitpeel.com.au or contact our friendly, local experts at the Visitor Centre.
T: (08) 9550 3999 E:email@example.com
OTHER THINGS TO DO WHEN EXPLORING MANDURAH
Whether on foot or by bike, below are some suggestions on places to stop along the way.
Great places for coffee
- Frisky Deer – Mandurah Ocean Marina (great gift shop too) www.friskydeer.com.au
- Café Moka – Mandurah Ocean Marina www.cafemoka.com.au
- 3 Hearts Ceramics and Café, Mandurah Ocean Marina. You can create designs on unique ceramic pieces while enjoying coffee and cake. www.3heartsceramicscafe.com
- Flics Kitchen – Mandurah Terrace
- Mataya Eatery, 20 Sholl Street www.mataya-eatery.net
- Tree of Life, 29 Sholl St www.facebook.com/treeoflifecafemandurah
- Dolphin Quay, Mandurah Ocean Marina, markets, gift shops, cafes and more http://www.dolphinquay.com.au/
- Emma Blyth and Christian Fletcher Gallery, original paintings and photographs by local artists
available for purchase. Smart Street Mall, www.emmablyth.com.au; www.christianfletcher.com.au
- Mandurah Visitor Centre offers a range of unique, locally made arts and crafts for sale, 75 Mandurah Terrace
- Mandurah Forum The $350 million complete centre transformation offers contemporary retail,
dining and shopping destination, the largest shopping centre outside of metropolitan Perth. It
includes David Jones, Target, Kmart, Woolworths, Coles and Big W and approximately 220 specialty
Arts and Culture
- Alcoa Mandurah Art Gallery, Mandurah Performing Arts Centre, Mandurah eastern foreshore. Free exhibitions on display, find details for the latest exhibitions here. manpac.com.au/art-gallery
- Mandurah Performing Arts Centre is one of Australia’s premier regional performing and visual arts
- Mandurah Community Museum. Open Tuesday 10am to 4pm, entry by gold coin donation. For a
wealth of information and a fascinating glimpse into Mandurah’s rich history. 3 Pinjarra Road,
Mandurah is less than an hour’s drive from Perth’s CBD and Perth Airport. The most direct route is via the Kwinana freeway, exiting at Mandjoogoordap Drive. The exit is well sign-posted and will connect you to Mandurah Road and into the city centre. Dwellingup is 40 min drive from Mandurah, via Pinjarra. It is an hour and a half drive from Perth CBD or Perth Airport via the inland, scenic South Western Highway.
Transperth’s Mandurah Line provides regular fast train service between Perth and Mandurah. There are two departure stations in central Perth, the underground and Elizabeth Quay. The journey takes just under an hour, departing every 10 to 15 minutes.
For a different rail journey, consider taking the scenic inland route aboard the TransWA Australind, stopping at six locations in the Peel Region. www.transwa.gov.au
For self-drive, the region is well signed and easy to navigate. You can also book a bus tour or use the public buses within Mandurah. Ubers, taxis and hire cars are readily available in the city. Mandurah Taxis operate services from the Mandurah Train Station and can take you anywhere in and around the region. They also offer personalised tourist charter and executive car services. Call the 24-hour phone number 13 13 30 to book.
Speak to the experts at a local visitor centre. They can help with maps, accommodation and tour bookings and provide local knowledge.
Mandurah Visitor Centre
75 Mandurah Tce, Mandurah T: +61 (0)8 9550 3999
Luxury hotels and resorts are available in Mandurah. Self-contained apartments and lovely bed &
breakfasts are available throughout the region
Connect with Mandurah and the Peel Region